Tuesday, November 12, 2019

How to Clean Your Bathroom in 15 Minutes

I used to absolutely loath cleaning my bathrooms.  It was so much work (or so I thought) that I would procrastinate until my husband would threaten to call the health department.  One day, a friend of mine showed me this routine that has helped me maintain my sanity by getting this dirty job done quickly.  She introduced me to the “15 Minute Bathroom Cleaning Routine” and my life has never been the same.

I was finally free from the drudgery of mildew and soap scum buildup.  No more tooth paste petrified on my faucets.  Gone was the black ring around the tub that looked like a well placed pinstripe.  I was finally free to let the door stay open when company came over.  Wow!  My family didn’t even recognize the room.  They were stunned.  I can honestly say that this room is now my pride and joy.  Now my friends marvel at my cleaning prowess.

My bathroom was so bad that it took a little extra effort the first time I used the routine, but after the initial deep cleaning, it was a breeze.  You too can overcome the bathroom blues by following these simple and effective twelve steps.

1. Remove the knick knacks and place them in the hallway.
2. Remove the throw rugs and shake them out.  Put them in the laundry to be cleaned if needed.
3. Sweep or vacuum the floor.
4. Spray the counter top and let your cleaner do the work.
5. Spray the mirror and wipe it down.
6. Spray the toilet with cleaner inside and out.  Let the cleaner sit.
7. Go back to the counter top.   Scrub and wipe it down.
8. Spray the bath tub and shower down (you may not need to do this every week if your bath tub doesn’t get that dirty).
9. Scrub the inside of the toilet with a brush.  Flush the toilet to rinse the bowl.  Wipe down the seat and rim of the bowl.  Don’t forget the place behind the seat and the outside of the toilet bowl and base.
10. Scrub the tub down and rinse.
Hint: if you want to clean the shower curtain you can wash it by itself in the washing machine in cold water on the delicate cycle.  Throw in a bath towel to help scrub the curtain clean.  Remove it promptly and hang it back up in the shower to drip dry.  Never put it in the dryer.
11. If you have linoleum or tile, mop the floor.  If the room is small, you can spray your cleaner directly onto the floor and wipe it up with a sponge or cleaning cloth.  Let dry for ten to fifteen minutes.
12. Put back the rugs and knick knacks.  Check your toilet paper supply.  Put out fresh towels.
The whole process should take fifteen minutes, not counting the time to let the floor dry.  It will take even less time if you don’t have to clean the tub and shower.  I only clean ours once a month because it doesn’t get that dirty because we use an after shower spray that keeps the soap scum from stick to the shower surface.
There are two keys to a fast clean up:  1) Let the cleaner sit long enough to loosen up the dirt and disinfect the surface.  2) Clean the bathroom every week.  Pick a day that is your bathroom cleaning day and just do it.  When you keep up on your cleaning it doesn’t become such an insurmountable project.

Cleaning supplies.
1) Utility caddy to carry your supplies.  The dollar store usually has these.
2) Rubber cleaning gloves.
3) Scrubber and sponge combination designed for cleaning the bathroom.
4) Window cleaner.
5) All-purpose cleaner.
6) An old toothbrush to get at those hard to reach areas.
7) One roll of paper towels.
8) Pumice stone for hard water build up in the toilet bowl.
9) Toilet brush (unless you keep one in each bathroom like I do).
That’s it.  Happy cleaning!

23 comments:

  1. Two full thumbs up for this magneficent article of yours. I've really refreshing examining this article today and I figure this might be a champion among other article that I've scrutinized yet. If its all the same to you keep this work proceeding in a comparative quality. window washing services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Very Nice Blog I Have Read Your Post It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writing Style Is Very Nice. Nice and very informative post regarding custom House cleaning services .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food additionally, Thanks. Long Island deep surface cleaning services

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your expertise on this. I must say we should have an online discussion on this. Writing only comments will close the discussion straight away! And will restrict the benefits from this information. Services de nettoyage casablanca

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. mattress cleaning nyc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. couch cleaning nyc

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. Maid service nyc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta favorite this website it seems very helpful . Upholstery cleaner Bakersfield

    ReplyDelete
  9. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Carpet cleaner for stairs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. house cleaning service

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. house cleaning services ocala fl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Cleaning Services Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. Cleaning services chicago

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... The villages home cleaning fl

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. Best home cleaning services nyc

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. HVAC Air Duct Cleaning NY

    ReplyDelete
  17. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Tile & grout cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Gutter Cleaning Dunfermline

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. Duct cleaning vaughan

    ReplyDelete
  20. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. Heat pump cleaning near me nyc

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Gebäudereinigung in Hamburg

    ReplyDelete
  22. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. cindy's cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice article it is very use full. Also check our website about House Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete

Commercial Cleaning Services

 Toronto is the most competitive city for commercial cleaning. Commercial Cleaning Toronto offers commercial cleaning services to numerous c...